- 3 balloons (just incase if one or two of them pop)
- 1 long piece of kite string (about 10-15 feet long)
- 1 plastic straw
- Tie one end of the string to a chair, door knob, or the other support.
- Put the other end of the string through the straw.
- Pull the string tight and tie it to another support in the room.
- Blow up the balloon (don’t tie it.) Pinch the end of the balloon and tape the balloon to the straw shown below. Now you're ready to launch!
- Just let go of the end and watch it zoom off.PredictionZeb: The balloon will fly across the line.Tyrone:The balloon will go across the line like a rocket and run out of oxygen or air in it and it will stop.ObservationZeb: The balloon went zooming across the line.Tyrone: The balloon flew across the string and got from one chair to the other.ExplanationZeb: The air was pushing the balloon across the line.
Tyrone: The air or oxygen comes out of the balloon causing it to move the opposite direction of the end of the balloon.Created by Tyrone and Zeb