How to survive in the bush
Read the instructions to find out how to survive in the bush safely.
- Plan your trip.
- Tell someone.
- Be aware of the weather.
- Know your limits.
- Bring sufficient supplies.
My 2 more rules:
Ask yourself if you have everything you need.
Think about your team.
What you need
Clothing: Rain jacket ( Have to be waterproof with hood), hat, gloves, (fitting)boots, Spare laces (strong), Socks (plus more).
Thermals: shirt, long pants, footwear, jacket (jersey), shorts, proper sunhat, spare underwear.
Food: lightweight food, water bottle, snacks, energy food.
Equipment: tent (waterproof), frying pan (optional), stove, something to clean your stove.
Most importantly you NEED a first aid kit.
Planning your trip
- You need to find the place you want to go to.
- let the owner know if and when you going there.
- Contact friends or family that you're going.
- Tell as many people as you can what your car number plate is.
- Tell them when you should be back just in case of an emergency.
Be aware of the weather
- Check the weather forecast.
- If the weather is not good for your location, bad luck go another time.
Know your limits
- Notify the owner of where you are going.
- If you don’t have permission to be on someone’s land, just avoid it.
Bring sufficient supplies
- Don’t bring food that don’t last or stuff that will slow you down or take up space.
- Take stuff that you are sure you need, or communication that will last the trip.
Now ask yourself, have you got everything you NEED?